Make The A line Skirt 10.30am-4.30pm Mar 21, May 16th, June 20th, July 18th (dates to be confirmed). £85
Make our A Line Skirt - Beginner/Intermediate
Make The A line Skirt 10.30am-4.30pm Mar 21, May 16th, June 20th, July 18th. (dates to be confirmed) £85
This course is designed for people who want to complete a sewing project in just a day. It's suitable for beginners but we ask that you have some experience using a sewing machine.
You’ll make this classic A-line skirt. It's mid-length, fits neatly over the hips, with 2 darts on the waistband and a side zip fastening.
What you’ll learn:
- pairing suitable fabric to a garment (we sell a small variety of end-of-line fabrics suitable for the Dolly Clothing collection).
- how to follow a basic dress pattern and cutting out.
- basic use of the sewing machine (bring your own or you can use one of ours).
- stitching and neatening straight seams.
- how to make darts.
- attaching a patch pockets.
- putting in a zip.
- applying a contrast waist and hem facing (bring 1/2 metre of your own scraps to make your skirt truly unique).
4 people max.
Participants get 10% off our Dolly Dress Patterns for the duration of the course.