ALL THINGS DOLLY
We believe that sewing is a fundamental skill and a total workout for your creativity, and at times, stickability!
Whether you’re a total beginner or fully fledged seamster our kits are designed to guide you seamlessly towards a finished garment and all the satisfaction and pride that comes with it.
We use deadstock, or I prefer ‘rescued’, fabric to custom make your pattern-free kit.
The styles are versatile for longevity and easy-fit for total making satisfaction.
FOLLOW AND CONNECT AT:
We are a Sustainable Clothing Hub which means we like to get together. So all our kits are classes as well.
Come and join us and we’ll help you on your sewing journey. Whether you're a complete beginner, would love to make a kit but need some hand-holding or simply want to hang out with others after all this time.
I’ll also show you how to tinker, adapt and put your personal touch on your DOLLY Kit.
Make it . Mend it . Keep it. Wear it .
Diana Uprichard is the founder of Dolly Clothing. An experienced designer, seamstress and teacher, Diana believes that sewing is nourishment for the soul.
From the Dolly studio in central Lewes, Diana designs and sells her own sustainable cut-out and ready-to-sew clothing kits and ready-made collection. She also runs sewing classes and provides a bespoke alteration service.
A dedicated campaigner for sustainable fashion, Diana leads the Dolly team in awareness-raising campaigns and events. Designed to inform and inspire, Dolly’s events explore why our clothes are costing the earth and what we can each do to be the change.
Diana’s vision for a sustainable fashion future is built on her belief that there’s a wealth of power in a tiny needle and thread.
WHAT'S COMING UP?
The Great DOLLY Clothes Swap at Beak Brewery
Friday 9th September
Unit 14 Cliffe Industrial Est, Lewes BN8 6JL
Here’s 3 reasons why we need a clothes swap in September:
1. September always stimulates that old Pavlovian need for a wardrobe refresh. We feel it too. But given the fashion industry produces more manmade CO2 emissions than aviation and shipping combined, we’re in the market for an eco fashion fix that won't cost the Earth.
2. It’s #SecondHandSeptember! Swapping instead of shopping is the perfect way to get everything you need from basics to blazers and win your #SecondHandSeptember challenge.
3. We’ll all be suffering from back—to—work/school shock. Luckily, our hosts for this swap are Beak Brewery. We’ve timed this clothes swap to land at exactly beer-o’clock at the end of our first week back. Clever, no?
Here’s the plan:
• Grab yourself a £6 ticket via Eventbrite CLICK HERE (or pay at the door if you don’t mind queueing)
• Drop off your swaps at DOLLY (3 North Court, Lewes, BN7 2AR) beforehand or bring them with you on the day
• Come to Beak Taproom on Friday 9th at 5pm, grab a beer and browse the collection of good quality clothes looking for a new life. Take home anything you promise to keep in circulation, wear and love *
• Hang out with us after the swap, we’ll be staying on for a couple more brewery-fresh beers with the Beak team.
* We usually say, ‘bring what you can, take what you like’ BUT we’ve had to put a cap on what you can take because traders are turning up wielding mahoosive bags and sharp elbows. A big part of our clothes swaps is the community aspect, and we’ve worked hard to create a friendly social atmosphere. So, in order to protect that we are putting a cap on the number of items you can take away - anyone showing up with a bag so big it’s a safety hazard will be turned away. Sorry x
DOLLY SEW FOR GOOD
Here is where you can donate.
DOLLY ALTERATIONS, KITS AND SEWING CLASSES
3 North Court, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2AR
Our studio is in the bustling old quarter of Lewes, just off Cliffe High Street. Nestled amongst the antiques shops, cafes and quirky independent stores, our location is right next to super convenient parking on Phoenix Causeway.
Drop in and see Diana as usual with your mending and alterations: